Why am I not losing weight?
The problem with weight is one of the most frequently discussed issues in the 21st century. Someone wants to lose weight, but he does not succeed; someone, on the contrary, is rapidly losing weight, although for beauty she wants to gain a couple of kilograms. Everyone has their own concerns, but you still need to understand the reasons.
First, let's discuss why you, while playing sports and following a diet, can’t lose weight.
Why am I not losing weight - reasons
You can exercise, stick to an optimal diet and not see results. Why is this happening? This is due to our unhealthy habits or small mistakes:
- Wrong diet. You gorge in the afternoon. A hearty dinner contributes to the deposition of excess fat. Maximum abundant food should be for breakfast and lunch, dinner is better to make more modest and eat no later than two hours before bedtime. If you are completely unbearable from hunger, it is better to eat an apple before bedtime or drink a glass of kefir. Another mistake is that you eat little. In the constant feeling of hunger, when you manage to reach the food, you can simply overeat.Walking forever hungry is dangerous to health, so do not neglect the normal diet. It is better to eat often, 5-6 times a day, but in small portions.
- Snacks. What is it like to eat a piece when cooking? Or a little in front of the TV and computer? Even if the portions seem small to us, they are still reflected on our body. Avoid snacking or significantly reduce their number, and instead of seeds / candy / sausage, eat nuts and dried fruits. This is a healthy alternative, but remember that nuts and dried fruits are high in calories.
- Low water consumption. When a person drinks enough pure water, his metabolism improves, the work of the gastrointestinal tract, calories are burned. It has long been proven that water promotes fat burning. So, drink at least 1.5 liters of pure water per day, and that is water (without gas)!
- Incorrect assessment of carbohydrate, fat and calories in food. A large amount of carbohydrates may be in foods that were initially dietary, for example, in fruits and vegetables. Eating them is useful, but with special diligence you don’t need to lean.Excess calories can be gained if you overdo it even with dietary products. Many people believe that if they eat only dietary foods, they can be consumed in unlimited quantities. In fact, they also have enough calories, so control your meals. Fats can also be hidden. It happens when we do not pay attention to some components of dishes. For example, mayonnaise in a vegetable salad is + 1-2 cm at the waist.
- Lack of sleep is another reason for the slow burning of fat. In the dream, the body rests, and the person loses weight. So sleep at least 7 hours every day.
- If you play sports, then those extra pounds can be confused with muscle mass, which is gradually growing. If this is the case, then do not worry, just continue your workout and eat right.
- Reception of monotonous food, and at a fast pace also negatively affects your weight. Quickly swallowing food, we eat more, and eating monotonous food gradually leads to a deficiency of certain substances, and after a while you will want to eat one and that, and more and more ... Eat a variety and take your time, chew food carefully, enjoy it by taste.
- Another important reason is a slower metabolism.Often, it prevents many people from losing weight. On this issue, you can consult with your doctor, but in order to increase the rate of metabolic processes, you can advise the following: a contrast shower, a visit to the bath and sauna, sports, sun and air baths, sex, massage and experiencing bright emotions.
Now let's talk about why a person loses weight, although he does not want this.
Causes of weight loss
Why am I losing weight? The reasons for losing weight can be inadequate rest, a constant state of stress, illness, inadequate food intake, or frequent consumption of foods that are low in calories, vitamins and minerals. If there are big problems with weight, it is best to visit a dietitian, check with an endocrinologist, and just get tested for certain diseases. It is necessary for your health, do not be lazy!
There are people who care about the question: why do I eat and lose weight? If lately you have not changed your diet in favor of less high-calorie foods, ate as usual and lived on a regular schedule, then weight loss is a sign of some kind of disruption in the body’s work, a disease. Be sure to go to the doctor, this situation cannot be started, otherwise you can see a serious illness or wait for a fatal outcome.When you manage to bring everything back to normal, you need to ensure that the number of calories consumed is higher than the number of those that are lost in the process of life. This is the only way to gain weight.
Sometimes it happens that you lose weight dramatically. Why is this happening? Consider the causes of weight loss in more detail:
- Prolonged state of stress, depression, experiencing a strong shock or tragedy, suffering a serious illness.
- The process of eating is not fun, eat little, often the same and in small portions. With a lack of nutrients atrophy muscles and internal organs. The body does not receive adequate nutrition, and therefore has to replenish the reserves of necessary substances. If you have already become too thin, a simple increase in meals will not help you. You need a balanced, varied diet, and of course, specialist advice.
- A sharp metabolic disorder, its too accelerated pace. Often this is the fault of the thyroid gland. Symptoms: wet hands, progressive weight loss, accelerated heart rate. If you bring yourself to a serious condition, you can earn a Gladium disease.
- Violation of the endocrine glands. If this is the case, then an examination of the nervous system is necessary.
- The lack of insulin, which is responsible for the regulation of carbohydrate metabolism.
- Addison's disease. Its main symptom - the skin becomes bronze in color. In this disease, the body loses the ability to retain salt and water, the person's appetite decreases.
For the treatment of thinness, an individual nutrition course is calculated for a specific person. You need to eat a lot and a variety of foods, while taking medications that promote appetite and improve the work of the digestive system. Quickly cure thinness does not work, it takes time. They improve the appetite and help cure the thinness of fish oil, honey, decoctions of medicinal plants (dandelion, yarrow, wormwood, sabelnik, knotweed, nettle, sophora, clover, leuzea, alfalfa, coriander, and yasnotka). Herbs are prepared for herbal teas, usually 5-8 herbs are taken in equal proportions. Good effect is achieved thanks to many months of receiving herbal teas. After 3-4 months, you need to take a break for 10-14 days, then change the composition of the collection and continue treatment.
With regard to the usual food, it is necessary to consult a specialist.He will diagnose your body and, taking into account the individual characteristics, possible diseases, prescribe the necessary nutrition.
Why do separate parts of the body lose weight
Sometimes it happens that everything is in order, but some one part of the body begins to lose weight more than others. Why legs grow thin or, for example, why the breast grow thin?
Parts of the body lose weight because each person loses weight individually. Despite the fact that during sports and diets, the body loses weight completely, it still loses weight unevenly. Thus, a woman’s breasts consist mostly of adipose tissue, and therefore it is not surprising why the breasts disappear under intense exertion. Fat disappears, and alas, not always where we want. So, if you do the exercises on the arms, they will also affect the pectoral muscles. If such exercises are carried out intensively, the pectoral muscles will rise and the chest will become “taller”. If the intensity is low, the fat will disappear, and the chest will remain in place and become smaller.
Slimming legs is also associated with individual characteristics. So, for example, if you follow only a diet and do not play sports, you still walk with your feet, and therefore,in addition to other parts of the body, legs get exercise, due to which they begin to lose weight faster than the rest of the body. To make other parts of the body lose weight, you need to perform physical exercises designed specifically for them.
Now you are aware of why a person is losing weight and why can not lose weight on a diet. Plan your diet and lifestyle correctly, and you will be able to achieve what you want!