Who is the bot?
Sometimes we can hear new ones and not quiteunderstandable to us from the conversations of passers-by, our children, friends, TV and radio programs, etc. Not always before us comes the meaning of these lexical units, and we can use them fully in speech. To avoid getting trapped, it is desirable to have at least some idea of some of these words. Today we will talk about one of them, so who is this bot and what does this word mean depending on the context:
- Boat (from English boat) - so in the era of sailingthe fleet called small deck (for sea voyages) or undecked (for coastal voyages) sailing or sailing-rowing vessels with a small displacement (up to 15 tons) for cargo transportation or any other purposes.
- Bot (the concept of chat rooms) - part of a computer program that implements various functions (for example - input and output messages), supported by the functionality of the chat itself.
- Bot - short for botanic (botanist) - a humiliating nickname for a student (less often - a student), giving too much free time to study.
- A sphere where the mention of the word "bot" ispervasive and common is computer games. In shooters, a bot is understood as part of a computer program simulating the activities of partners or enemies, in a network or team game mode in various fights and battles. As a rule, game developers try to give the bots the elements of artificial intelligence, i.e. be maximally adapted to its features, cards, abilities of the gamer.
- Bots are also called crawlers - programs that are part of the search engines designed to search, rank and rank Internet resources in its database.
- The bot is a simple abbreviation for robot.
So, as you can see, the question of who a bot is, you can give a lot of completely different answers. The desired option depends only on the situation in which the word was used.