What is pan?
The word "pan" has several meanings. In this article we will try to consider the most popular of them.
Pan: What is it?
- Polite form used when addressing a man in some Slavic languages.
- The son of Hermes and patron of nature and shepherds according to the traditions of Greek myths.
- The hero-giant according to the myths of Mari paganism.
- The place of a shaman or a leader, according to the tradition of the ancient Komi and the Zavoloch chud.
- In times of the feudal system - the feudal lord or "gentleman" in the Polish, Czech, Belarusian, Ukrainian states.
- One of the natural satellites of Saturn.
- Also called a near-Earth asteroid.
- The work of Mikhail Alexandrovich Vrubel, which depicts the ancient Greek god.
- Transnational surname, traditional for Chinese, Korean and European peoples.
- The first part of complex words, which indicates the maximum coverage of something. As an example, the words "panorama", "Pan-Slavic colors", etc. can be cited.