The biggest tower of Russia: description and photo
On the vast territory of the Earth in different cities there are many amazing architectural structures that can be classified according to size, originality, uniqueness and other characteristics.
In this article we will consider high-rise structures in the form of towers. Before you find out which tower of Russia is the highest in the country, we will briefly describe the largest structures of the whole world.
About some skyscrapers of the world
In all developed countriesconstruction of modern high-tech architectural structures. A huge number of high-rise towers and buildings compete with each other in height and originality. Before we determine what the largest tower in Russia is, consider the highest structures in the world.
1. In the city of Dubai (United Arab Emirates), the building "Burj Khalifa" reaches a height of 828 meters.
2. In China, the city of Guangzhou has a tower 610 meters high. It is a station for transmitting radio and TV signals. It is also used as an observation deck for a panoramic view, letting in about 10 thousand tourists a day.
3. In Canada, the tower "CN Tower" (Toronto) has a height of 553 meters. This tower is a symbol of Canada.
4. In New York, built the tower of Liberty, whose height is 541 meters. This high-rise building was built in May 2013 (D. Libeskind's project) on the site of the destroyed twin towers (September 11, 2001). The new structure was named "World Trade Center 1".
5. Moscow television tower "Ostankino" has a height of 540 meters. Inside it is the famous "The Seventh Heaven" (restaurant at an altitude of 328 meters), there is a magnificent area for viewing.
Ostankino Tower of Russia: photo
The year of construction of the tower is 1967.
As mentioned above, this is the fifth tallest building in the world after the Burj Khalifa in Dubai.
The main characteristics of the tower:
- the base is at an altitude of 160 meters above sea level;
- The structure is on 10 supports, between which the average diameter is 65 meters;
- 149 ropes hold the trunk of the tower;
- the total volume of premises is about 70,000 square meters. meters;
- The maximum deviation of the top of the tower at the maximum wind speed is 12 meters;
- The main viewing platform is located at an altitude of 337 m.
The largest tower of Russia was designedarchitect Nikitin. The image of the structure is a lily, only inverted. It should be noted that the initial draft assumed only 4 pillars, later their number was increased to 10.
Symbols of Russia through the Eyes of Foreigners
Before answering which tower is a symbol of Russia, it should be remembered that, according to statistics, foreigners are associated with our country.
Common symbols of Russia: bear, nesting doll, ear-flap, vodka, samovar, birch, balalaika, Russian troika. Frosts, dumplings, Red Square ...
The Spasskaya Tower of Russia is the most significantan architectural symbol of Russia. This is a kind of synonym for the supreme power of the country and a reminder of the signs of the Russian people. On New Year's Eve, the first battle of the Kremlin chimes is accompanied by a guessing of the most cherished desire for next year.
Highlands of Russia
Mercury City Tower is a 75-story building with a height of 338.8 meters.
It was built in 2012 on one of the sites of the MIBCunder the name "Moscow City". In height, it has bypassed the London skyscraper The Shard, held in the status of the first tallest building in Europe, no more than 4 months.
The sights of the great Russia today are not only historical old buildings, but also modern skyscrapers, which are especially numerous in Moscow.
Only in the capital built 87 buildings taller than 100 meters.
The construction of such high-rise buildings began with the erection in 1953 of the main building of the Moscow State University (height - 240 m).
High-rise buildings in Moscow were built during the last 15 years. These include the following structures:
- another tallest tower of Russia in "Moscow City" - "Eurasia" (309 m);
- tower "Moscow" (height - 301 m);
- Tower "C" on the Quay (268 m);
- the highest in Europe skyscraper (residential) "Triumph Palace" (264 m);
- tower "St. Petersburg", also in the complex "Moscow City" (256.9 meters);
- the Federation-West Tower in Moscow City (243 m).
In the modern world, skyscrapers are a necessaryan architectural building that is inherent in megacities, where plots for building - literally in weight of gold. In addition, such fantastic stately buildings attract numerous tourists, fascinating people with their unprecedented height, technical solutions and a wide variety of unique forms.