Spirals for women - what is it?
All modern girls and women are very concernedissue of contraception. Now it is very important to plan pregnancy, because it is much easier to protect than to commit a kind of crime - abortion. Therefore, contraceptives for women were widely used. The spiral is a T-shaped structure of elastic materials, equipped with filaments-tendrils.
There are two types of means:
- Hormonal. The body is supplied with progesterone, which does not allow the eggs to ripen, and also creates a mechanical obstacle similar to a simple spiral for women. The substance is released daily from a special container, its concentration is much less than when taking birth control pills.
- Non-hormonal. She is an old generation, her tendrils are tougher than her follower's. The effect of contraception is achieved due to their direct effect on the uterus.
This method is quite effective, but hormonal spirals for women still somewhat better protect against unwanted pregnancy, because they have a double effect.
Despite the prevalence of this method, there are still several limitations. With certain diseases, it can not be used.
Spirals for women: side effects
- a foreign body can cause profuse or painful menstruation;
- can start inflammation of the pelvic organs;
- the probability of an ectopic pregnancy is great.
Contraindications for the use of an intrauterine device for women:
- diseases of the cervix or pelvic organs;
- lack of a permanent partner;
- if before the fair sex did not give birth;
Before the introduction of the IUD, you need to make sure that the woman is not pregnant.
The indisputable advantages are:
- economy compared to birth control pills;
- long period of use - up to five years;
- at each sexual intercourse do not worry about contraception, which helps to relax.
Sometimes doctors recommend them for medicinal purposes.
If you use an intrauterine devicespiral, you should definitely consult your gynecologist about the advisability of its application. It is also necessary to visit a specialist on a regular basis in the future. Give birth to women after forty, with a progesterone deficiency formed, a good doctor will recommend a hormonal intrauterine device for women. Reviews in this case, the patients are exceptionally positive, because it not only protects against pregnancy, but also has a therapeutic nature.
When choosing a spiral, you should pay attention to the quality and reliability, as well as follow the recommendations of a qualified doctor.
Tips for use
1. Trust the installation only with a trusted doctor.
2. Never introduce a spiral on the background of inflammation of the uterine appendages.
2. If there are painful sensations, do not suffer, but immediately contact the doctor. Since either a spiral shift or an inflammation is possible.