Lacunar angina in the child. Symptoms, treatment, photos of lacunar angina in children
Throat diseases can be very severe andaccompanied by serious consequences. They are most often found in the autumn-winter period. So, often at this time is diagnosed lacunar angina in children. Its danger is that it can be asymptomatic.
What is pathology?
This pathology is located in the area of the tonsils andthe upper part of the respiratory system. The disease is characterized by lightning development. That is, the first symptoms appear within two hours after infection, and quickly reach maximum expression.
Determined lacunar angina in the childquite simply. It is characterized by a yellow or white coating in the form of a film in the tongue and tonsils. It is removed simply and quickly, the blood thus is not allocated. The period of development of pathology is from 12 hours to 6 days.
What causes a pathology?
Lacunar angina in a child can occur under the influence of such factors:
• Physical or nervous overexertion.
• Decrease in the level of body defenses.
• Pathogenic microorganisms.
The latter factor is the most basic, and the rest are concomitant. If lacunar angina in a child is diagnosed, it must be treated.
Symptomatology of pathology
The disease can characterize such signs:
1. A strong temperature increase of 39 degrees or more. Although in some cases this symptom may not be noted.
2. Discomfort and pain in the throat.
3. Convulsive manifestations and loss of consciousness.
4. Pain in the head and ears.
5. No runny nose or cough, although breathing may be difficult.
6. Edema of the tonsils, their redness.
8. Changes in the voice (it becomes nasal).
9. Increased regional lymph nodes.
10. Plaque and rash on tonsils.
11. Too much salivation.
12. Disruption of bowel function, which may be accompanied by nausea and vomiting.
13. Intoxication of the body.
It is the last symptom that represents a danger. Therefore, if lacunar angina in children is found, fight with it should begin immediately.
So, if you found the child's first symptoms, you should immediately contact the pediatrician and LOR. These specialists will carefully examine the patient and fix the complaints.
In addition, the ENT can take a smear from the tonsils to determine the type of pathogen. Determine the disease is not difficult, since it has specific symptoms.
What complications usually occur?
If the treatment of lacunar angina in children does not begin on time, then the situation is fraught with such complications:
• Infectious-toxic shock. In this case, the entire body is affected, and it is difficult to eliminate the process. In order to combat this condition, a complex treatment is required.
• Endocarditis. It is an inflammatory lesion of the inner cardiac membrane.
• Meningitis. Here the inflammatory process extends to the soft membranes enveloping the brain and spinal cord.
• Sepsis (blood poisoning).
• An abscess that promotes the formation of abscesses in the pharyngeal tissues.
Features of traditional treatment
Symptoms of lacunar angina in children usuallyare expressed quite strongly, so it will not be difficult to determine it. Therapy is prescribed by the doctor. It includes taking medications, carrying out physiotherapy procedures. The treatment plan can be as follows:
• Antiallergic drugs: Suprastin, Diazolin. They help to get rid of edema and, accordingly, facilitate breathing.
• Vitamin C.
• Antipyretics: "Ibuprofen", "Paracetamol".
• Mucolytic drugs: Ambroxol, Bromhexine.
• Antibiotics: "Amoxicillin", "Azithromycin". They are prescribed only if the therapy is not effective for some time. In this case, the type of antibiotic and its dosage is prescribed by the doctor.
Note that the sick child needs to be at rest. It is better to organize a bed rest. In this case, do not forget to open windows periodically in the patient's room.
For good effect, you can additionallygargle with a solution of salt. Water can also be added "Furatsillin". The child should always give a warm drink (teas, herbal decoctions, compotes). This will help to avoid dehydration of the body.
If there is a pershin in the throat, then let the patient have special "Strepsils" suckling lozenges. Compresses can also be applied to the neck, but the heat should be dry.
As for physiotherapeutic procedures, ultraviolet irradiation, magnetotherapy, laser therapy will be useful here.
Features of folk treatment
If a lacunar angina in a child is found 2year of life, then people's prescriptions can be used only with the permission of the doctor. Moreover, they can be extremely effective, and in the first stages usually prevent the further development of the inflammatory process. But you need to choose only those recipes that will not harm the baby - will not cause an allergic reaction. So, you might find useful recipes:
1. Aloe juice dilute with water in a ratio of 1: 1 and rinse their throats a couple of times a day.
2. 1 tsp. dried lime flowers to brew 1 liter of water. The broth is necessary for a gargling of a throat. At the same time every day it needs to be re-ignited. The procedure should be done 15 minutes before meals.
3. Agrimony will also be very useful for treatment. It should be soaked 40 grams of well dried leaves of 1 liter of water. This broth should be drunk twice a day on a small mug.
4. The herb of lavender has anti-inflammatory properties. You need to pour a teaspoon of raw material with 1 glass of water and gargle.
5. Mix 1 part of aloe juice, 2 parts of honey and 3 parts of vodka. Mix the ingredients carefully. Kashitsu put on a clean gauze and tie a warm scarf to his throat as a compress.
6. In enameled dishes put 100 g of honey and a large spoon of raspberry jam. Bring the mixture to a boil, but do not allow it to stick. Cool the liquid slightly and allow the child to drink it. After this, the patient needs to be put in bed.
7. Carry out inhalations with propolis. To do this, take 60 g of raw material and dissolve in 400 ml of hot water. Inhalation, take care not to damage the airways. The duration of the procedure is 15 minutes. It is held twice a day.
What can not be done?
Photo lacunar angina in children you canobserve in the article. If it is diagnosed in your child, some manipulations can not be carried out, even if they can give a good effect. For example, despite the effectiveness of traditional treatment, it should not be used without consulting a doctor. Note that honey can give an allergic reaction.
It is undesirable to give children drugs containingiodine and silver, at least to babies under 5 years. Try to do without acetylsalicylic acid during treatment. Do not simultaneously use Paracetamol and Ibuprofen. These drugs have a different composition, but they act almost the same. They are able to enhance the effect of each other.
If there was lacunar angina in a child, it is highly not recommended to rub it with vinegar and alcohol. God forbid you give the baby a drink of peroxide. It can cause a severe burn.
Children under 12 years of age are advised not to use throat sprays, as they can provoke swelling.
Presented disease can causeserious consequences. However, timely prevention of the disease can help you prevent their development. It is necessary to observe such precautions:
• Strengthen immunity. To do this, you need to fully and correctly eat, temper the body, observe the sleep and wakefulness. In addition, you can take a variety of multivitamin complexes that will strengthen the defenses.
• Do not overcool. Wear the child the clothes that will fit the season and the weather.
• Rinse the children's throat with salt solution, as well as herbal decoctions.
• Try to treat timely foci of infectious inflammation, especially the disease of the teeth and mouth.
• If the family is sick, then it must be isolated from the rest. At the same time, he needs to allocate a separate dish, a towel and other toilet items.
• The room should be ventilated periodically. Fresh air has a harmful effect on bacteria.
• Try not to keep the child in a dusty place.
Now you have knowledge on the topic: "Lacunar angina: symptoms, treatment in children." Be healthy!