How to sew a beret?
Women have always paid much attention to thedressings. And up to now, there is a strong tendency to make them by our own hands. This is easy to explain, because the thing made on its own and with the soul, will not only be unique, but will also be carried with great pleasure. Within the framework of this article, we will consider how to sew a beret - a very popular classic headpiece. Berets can be very different: voluminous and compact, feminine and strict, from a variety of materials, so that each person can easily find a suitable model for himself.
We make a pattern
Many knit hats, but much easier to sew. The shape of the beret usually consists of the bottom, the border (tulle) and the kashpen (ridge).
The given drawing will approach on 58 the size on a circle of a head. If you need a different size, you should change the length of the line in the drawing.
Transfer the details of the cut to the fabric you selected andCut them out, leaving the allowances on the seams of 1 cm on each side. Open the bottom and lined with lining fabric with allowances of 1 cm. The beret cloth should be thick enough to hold the shape well. If you plan to sew from a thin fabric, then it must be pre-glued with fleece.
The order of sewing
Let's consider how to make the sewing by hand on this pattern:
- Stitch the bottom and sides of the main fabric. Do the same with the details of the lining fabric.
- Seams on the main fabric, iron and detach from both sides with decorative stitches at a distance of 2-5 mm.
- Wrap the liner with non-woven fleece to avoid deforming it during socks, fold it along in half, and thread its short sides so that a circle is formed.
- Pritachayte band to the finished top beret, attaching it face to the underside of the top. Unscrew the band on the front side and attach it so that the seam is closed.
- Insert the lining into the beret with the wrong side to the underside of the main fabric, sweep it, and then suture it along the inner edge of the horn.
- Decorate the band or tulle of the finished beret with a bow, rhinestones or other decoration.
Beret is also part of the military uniform. A special glamor for beginners is the independent tailoring of the headgear, so let's consider how to sew a paratrooper beret. You will need:
- The cloth (width 150 cm) - 30 cm
- Lining fabric (width 90 cm) - 30 cm
Beret for the paratrooper can be sewn on the following pattern:
Open 1 part of the bottom (number 1 onscheme), 2 parts of the crown (number 2) and ring (number 3). The technology of tailoring this beret is similar to that considered above. The band is recommended to be made of artificial leather.
Takes from wedges
Also very successful looking berets, sewn from 8 identical wedges, cut out according to this pattern:
We will find out how to sew berets from wedges:
- Sew all the wedges in pairs, and then the resulting parts, ironing all the seams.
- Be sure to sew the rim along the narrow sides so that it forms a circle, press the seam.
- Fold the rim along in half, sweep and iron.
- Sweep the bezel to the beret, priposazhivaya beret for 1.5 cm.
- Stitch the bezel and take it. It will be more convenient if, when pritachivanii beret will be at the bottom, and the rim - at the top.
- Similarly sew the wedges from the lining fabric.
- Having turned out beret, manually sew to it a lining.
Many women would like to have a particularly warmtakes, suitable to a fur coat, therefore we will consider how to sew a beret from a fur. You can choose any pattern of beret, but when cutting it is important to take into account the direction of the pile on the details of the cut - it should be directed in one direction. Another important feature when working with fur is that you do not need to iron out the seam allowances. Instead, you can straighten them with rings from scissors. If the stitches are stuck in the seams, gently pull them out with a needle. The lining to the fur beret is joined manually by a hidden seam.
So, after reading this article, you canindependently produce a beret for every taste. Sewing beret is very inexpensive, it is simple and fast. Also, you learned how to sew a military beret, so you can please the cadet son or draftee with a beret made with love.