How to send a parcel by mail Russia?
Everyone in life has moments when it is necessary to send a package to another city or to another country. The most common way is sending packages by Russian Post. In using the services of this organization there are some nuances. There are a number of conditions and rules for how to send a parcel by Russian Post.
To send a package by Russian Post you will need:
- ball pen;
- money to pay for the parcel.
General rules for sending a parcel
- We select the appropriate post office, as some of them send parcels only up to 3 kg and up to 8 kg.
- We take a turn to send the parcel.
- At this time we pack the parcel. Parcel packaging boxes are sold at the post office, so the package should not be pre-packaged. Also, the mail worker may ask to show the contents of the parcel. On how to check the parcel in the mail, you can read here.
- The maximum permissible box size is 425 mm by 265 mm by 380 mm. If your parcel is very large and bulky and does not fit in the box, wrap it in plain colored paper without inscriptions. Otherwise, you may refuse to accept the parcel.It should be remembered that the multi-colored and painted boxes in the mail can not accept.
- We collect the box and put the parcel in it. Next, we wrap the box with scotch tape with the logo of the Russian Post. If you purchased the box in advance and wrapped it with your scotch tape, you will be asked to replace it with a company one.
- Fill in carefully the postal forms required to send your package. They are issued by mail. For one parcel one form is filled in which the following data is entered:
- Full name of the sender;
- Full name of the recipient;
- sender's address;
- address of the recipient;
- passport details of the sender;
- The amount of the declared value (optional).
- When making a package, you must present a passport, so you need to take it with you.
- After you make a parcel from a postal worker, you will need to pay for sending your parcel at the post office.
- You will receive a receipt. It should not be immediately thrown away, since it contains a special code by which you can follow the movement of your parcel to the address. This code can be sent to the recipient of the parcel.
Useful tips and notes
- Pack lightly breakable items well.
- To pay for the postal order, you should prepare small bills of money, as the cashier may not have the necessary amount for delivery.
- Do not send alcohol or tobacco products, as sending these products is prohibited.
- Do not deliver as antiquities or antiques, seeds and various plants.
- Products and perishable products are also not accepted for shipment.
- On parcels, the amount of the declared value of which exceeds 5 thousand rubles, it is necessary to issue a passenger declaration.
- You can send parcels by Russian Post and cash on delivery. In this case, the parcel must be paid by the recipient at the time of receipt in his office.
You can find all the detailed information about the work of the Russian Post and its representative offices.