How to make arbolitic blocks with your own hands?
As materials for the construction of housestraditionally use brick, wood, foam concrete and concrete. Each of them has its own advantages and disadvantages. The buildings of concrete are distinguished by their high strength, but they do not hold heat well. The houses, erected from a tree, are ecologically clean and warm, but less durable. Multicomponent building material arbolit consists of concrete, sawdust and polymer compounds that hold them together.It is characterized by increased strength, reliabilityand perfectly preserves the heat. Due to these properties, arbolite is used to build structures even at the North Pole. The manufacture of this material is not particularly difficult. You can make arbolitic blocks yourself, if you follow certain rules. This will be discussed in this article.
The production of arbolitic blocks assumes the following stages:
1. It is necessary to prepare cement mortar. It must be carefully kneaded. To do this, Portland cement M400 is best suited.
2.The next step is the addition of the filler in the form of sawdust into the prepared solution. Wood, intended for the production of arbolitic blocks, is thoroughly dried. Also within three days it is aged in a solution of lime.
3. Producing arbolite blocks with their own hands, then add to the resulting mixture mineralizing additives - aluminum sulfate and calcium chloride.
4. The resulting mass is kneaded in a concrete mixer and fed into specially prepared molds. They can be of different sizes.
5. The material filled in the mold is compacted and tamped, and then dried well.
Properties of arbolitic blocks:
• ecological cleanliness;
• high fire safety;
• light weight, which makes it possible to use a light foundation for building a house;
• The blocks have a large cellular structure, so that there is good air exchange in the house;
• they can easily be machined (drilling and sawing);
• The maximum flexural strength is 1.2 MPa;
• Resistant to moisture, rotting and fungal attack;
• In terms of soundproofing properties, they exceed the tree by 7 times, brick by 5 times;
• Arbolite blocks conduct heat well and promote its preservation inside the premises;
• they have an ideally smooth surface on which plaster is well held.
How to lay arbolitic blocks with your own hands
Masonry of this material is carried out on the mixturecement with sand. The production of arbolitic blocks in production conditions facilitates the work of those wishing to build a house of them. They, depending on the manufacturer's firm, have a different size and, correspondingly, weight.Arbolit, thanks to its properties, is well suited not only for the construction of residential buildings, but also for the construction of a bathhouse or other premises with special conditions.Making arbolitic blocks with your own hands, you can quickly build a reliable, solid, environmentally friendly structure (whose walls will give a minimum shrinkage) and save money.