How to make a newspaper
Many of us remember those glorious times whenevery schoolboy eagerly awaited a fresh number of wall newspapers. Some of our classmates even worked in this school organization, trying on the role of a journalist, photographer or editor. Today's students are not far behind, and with the development of computer technologies, school newspapers are becoming more colorful and interesting. How to make a newspaper so that it is informative and exciting? Let's understand.
Stages of the creation of a school newspaper
Answering the question about how to make a newspaper with your own hands, we note that it is necessary to plan everything in advance. Here's what to think about:
- The most important thing is the material. What topics will be reflected in your newspaper?
- Structure. Each newspaper needs a clear and understandable structure. How to correctly arrange all the information material?
- Decor. Any newspaper should be correctly formed and framed.
Let's talk about each stage separately.
Selection of material
In the school there is a large number of events,which can be conditionally divided into several groups from the point of view of a possible interest in them. The newspaper should include reports on the most significant events in order to form a genuine interest in the reader. However, such events do not happen every day. Therefore, the editorial team must be content with ordinary cases, such as changing the schedule or a new knocked out window in the gym. That's why you need to be able to distinguish an interesting event from uninteresting.
In this case, you should understand your targetaudience, that is, those who will read the newspaper. Your target audience are students, including your classmates. Therefore, collect the material primarily about what might worry the ordinary student.
A few words about the method of collecting information. The most successful method is interview and photo report. A nice bonus will be the comments of experts (teachers and school personnel).
Structuring the material
It is obvious that the newspaper should "hook" the reader withthe first and the last page. But, unfortunately, this is very difficult to achieve. Remember that conditionally interesting and not "passing" news should be mixed among themselves. For example, with five pages in a newspaper, interesting reports should take the first, third and fifth pages.
In general, you can adhere to the following structure:
- title page (name of the newspaper, colorful images and announcements of the main news);
- the first page (the content of your newspaper, the main news);
- second page (reportage or interview);
- the third (news + entertainment material, crossword, for example);
- fourth (analytical article on a general theme);
- fifth page (description of upcoming school events, sports achievements).
Registration of the newspaper
We offer you some simple and basic rules of registration:
- Use high-quality and well-made photos;
- Place the material (text and images) on the page evenly. Do not sculpt everything in a row in one place, but do not leave large empty spaces;
- Remember that the most important news is located in the upper left corner of the page;
- Use a clear font and well-matched colors (if the newspaper is printed in color).