How to make a house for a hamster?
There are several options for making houses for rodents-fuzzy. We will briefly describe each of them.
How to make a house for a hamster of coconut?
This option looks very exotic and interesting in the interior of the animal (aquarium or cage). It's quite simple to make it:
- Remove the contents of the coconut - milk and pulp.
- Leave the empty coconut for several days in a ventilated room, so that it dries properly.
- Now with the help of a drill, drill a hole for the entrance and several "windows" at the base of the future house.
- In the house you can make a flooring of paper (not newspapers, because the animal likes to gnaw paper and there is a risk of poisoning with paint)
There is only one drawback for such a dwelling: there is not enough room for a "run-up". The animal will be able to use it only for sleeping or as a pantry.
How to make a house for a hamster from a plywood box?
This is a much more spacious option, as the whole plywood box is used as a dwelling, and not a small box. So:
- Drill holes on the sides of the box for air.
- On the one hand, we make two large holes such that they contain donja from liter cans (or three-liter bottles, depending on the scale of the dwelling).
- We put cans or bottles in the finished holes. It turned out a house with two rooms of jars - under the dining room and toilet. Plus - extra space in the drawer under the corridor.
- One of the cans can be darkened with a cloth to provide the animal with a nook.
- The house is ready! We spread it with sawdust, we put paper in the can. Top cover the box with plexiglass. So you can watch the life of the animal.
This design is very easy to disassemble, so that during the harvest you cause the pet a minimum of anxiety.
Hammock from a plastic bottle
Rodents like hanging designs, and this option should be very convenient.
- Take a few plastic bottles of 0.5 liters. They will cut the bottom and the neck, and the resulting tube cut lengthwise along.
- "We'll put the bottles on each other." Inside and outside, we wipe it with a soft cloth and cover with cotton so that the animal is comfortable and soft.
- On both sides of the hammock we attach ribbons and hang the finished product to the walls or ceiling of the cage.
Houses for every taste and character. Make the one that you liked the most, and - congratulate the hamster on housewarming!