How to get the citizenship of Kazakhstan?
This article explains how to obtain Kazakhstan citizenship on a general basis. A foreigner who wants to obtain the citizenship of Kazakhstan must submit a petition to the territorial unit of the migration police in the place where he permanently resides. The application should be filed in the name of the President of Kazakhstan personally. The statement indicates the motivation for the adoption of citizenship. The application should be attached:
- The application form is an established form.
- Photos 3.5 x 4.5 cm. 4 pcs.
- Obligation to comply with the laws and the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Help on the absence or presence of a criminal record.
- A copy of the identity card, birth certificate for the child.
- Certificate of termination or absence of citizenship of another state.
- Application addressed to the official of the state of arrival, to the application to attach a notarized written waiver of foreign citizenship (for citizens of the former USSR).
- Certificate of payment of the necessary state duty or exemption from payment.
- The petition of the competent state authority (for persons of some professions).
- Certificate of oralman and a notarized statement addressed to the competent person about the refusal of his previous citizenship (for those who return to Kazakhstan as their historic homeland);
- A notarized copy of the marriage certificate (for those who are married to a citizen of Kazakhstan);
- Documents confirming the degree of kinship with a citizen of Kazakhstan (for those citizens of the former Soviet republics who have close relatives among the citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan).
Consideration of the application
From the city (district) body of internal affairs, documents on citizenship are transferred to the Department of Internal Affairs of the cities of Astana or Almaty or to similar departments of the regions. The materials are checked there, a conclusion is made on them, and the documents are handed over to the Ministry of Internal Affairs. Then, accompanied by the conclusion of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the materials are transferred to the State Legal Division of the Presidential Administration of Kazakhstan.In accordance with the legislation of the republic, a month is given for consideration of documents on issues of entry into citizenship for each of the participating bodies. Thus, obtaining citizenship in Kazakhstan takes place in general after about six months after the submission of documents.
Result of citizenship
Employees of the relevant division of the migration police are notified of the decision on his question by phone or during a personal reception no later than seven days after the decree was signed by the President. A foreigner or a stateless person admitted to the citizenship of Kazakhstan is issued a certificate, on the basis of which he has the right to receive a passport and an identity card of a citizen of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Simplified procedure for becoming a citizen of Kazakhstan
This procedure for admission to the citizenship of Kazakhstan is carried out in relation to citizens of some republics of the former USSR, with whom the Republic of Kazakhstan has concluded relevant agreements. At present, citizens of Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan, Belarus, the Russian Federation, as well as foreign women married to citizens of Kazakhstan can use the simplified method.