Feces with blood: causes and diseases
There are many reasons whyexcreted feces with blood in an adult. This may be the result of the appearance of serious diseases of the esophagus, which require immediate medical intervention.
The main reason for the appearance of feces isblood - this is the bleeding that opens up in this or that place of the digestive tract. Meanwhile, since the length of the esophagus organs exceeds 9 meters, and the enzymes that synthesize the stomach and intestine are prone to blood changes and its splitting, not always direct blood allocation can be noticed. However, if it appeared, it means that the wound is in the region of the anus. Then the blood is already visible to the naked eye.
The rest of the situations, as a rule, are analyzed bychanges in the color of fecal matter, because feces with blood becomes black. In other words, the color and the peculiarities of the appearance of the discharge can determine where the bleeding occurred and what could have caused it.
- If feces with blood are of a yellow color, then,the cause should be sought by examining the lower intestine (hemorrhoids, rectal cancer, anal bleeding). Sometimes red traces can be seen on clothes (always in the presence of cancer), and on toilet paper.
- If there is stool with blood with a streakor clots of dark color, as a rule, the cause of this phenomenon is chronic inflammatory bowel diseases (dysbacteriosis, ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease).
- When the feces have a black saturated color,most likely, bleeding occurred in some of the upper parts of the digestive tract (stomach, duodenum, esophagus). And it caused such diseases as an esophageal vein dilatation, liver cirrhosis, possibly a stomach ulcer or a cancer of the duodenum.
- If suddenly there was a strong and frequent diarrhea,which is accompanied by an admixture of blood, an increase in temperature and cutting pains in the lower abdomen, is caused by infectious diseases (dysentery, salmonellosis, etc.).
Remember that often the blood in the feces is not visible. Its presence can be determined only by means of laboratory diagnostics (analysis of feces for latent blood). If the result is positive, the reasons lie in the development of diseases of the digestive tract.
Many diseases, in addition to the presence of blood in the stool, have several concomitant symptoms. Let us dwell on the most serious of them:
- Esophageal cancer can be asymptomatic, butthen there are difficulties in swallowing, vomiting after eating, dry cough. A person may feel some difficulty in passing food through the digestive tract.
- If stomach cancer develops, excrementbecome black, or blood in the feces is determined only after laboratory analysis. The accompanying symptoms of this disease: a person quickly becomes saturated with food, feels heaviness in the stomach, sharply loses weight. Vomitive masses appear already with an admixture of blood.
- With a stomach ulcer, the stool becomes liquid and black. The main symptoms of the disease are: pain in the pit of stomach, constant heartburn and vomiting. If there is a bleeding, vomiting with impurities of bloody discharge appears.
In order to determine why feces are bleeding,you should immediately consult a doctor. If the same is observed in children, and moreover accompanied by vomiting, fever and abdominal cramps, parents should call an ambulance and wait for the doctors, not trying to treat the child themselves. The same applies to adults, if they have this symptomatology.
If feces have an admixture of blood, butthe above signs are not apparent, you need to turn to the proctologist and pass tests for the definition of worms. But if the same is observed at the age of after 50 years, you should immediately contact the specialists.