Watch the video
The Hiroshima nuclear cocktail appeared after the creation of the B-52 cocktail. Cocktail B-52 came up in the United States, but he soon gained popularity in the Soviet Union. After such a mad glory of American cocktail, Soviet bartenders came up with another combination of layers of liqueurs, replacing Kahlua's coffee liqueur with Sambuca. Just at that time, sambuca was also popular. The resulting cocktail was named Hiroshima. This name was inspired by the puff drink itself. He resembled images of a nuclear mushroom from photographs and filming the tragic events in Hiroshima in August 1945. To see the similarity of the drink with a nuclear explosion, look at the Hiroshima cocktail in the photo.
Hiroshima Cocktail: composition
- 20 ml Sambuca Molinari (this anise liqueur should only be light).
- 20 ml cream liqueur Baileys.
- 15 ml of Absinthe.
- 2-3 drops of pomegranate syrup Grenadine.
Having prepared all the components of the Hiroshima cocktail in front of us, we need to prepare an elongated elongated glass and a cocktail spoon to clearly create the layers of the drink. Instead of a spoon at home, you can use a knife.
Hiroshima Cocktail: Recipe
- In a special glass, gently pour 20 ml of sambuka, without touching the walls of the glass at the top.
- Lean a knife or cocktail spoon against the wall of a glass above sambuka. Slowly pour 20 ml of Beilis liqueur over it. Thus, this liqueur will fall flat on the first layer, and due to the different density of the layers, they will not intermingle.
- In the same way, using a spoon or knife, we create the third layer of the Hiroshima cocktail with the help of 15 ml of Absinthe.
- After the appearance of three even layers, add 2-3 drops of Grenadine syrup on top. They pierce layers very nicely, settle down and pull liquors behind them so that a frightening likeness of a nuclear explosion is formed.
Cocktail Hiroshima ready. If it is not entirely clear how to create layers using a cocktail spoon, you can watch the video of the preparation of the Hiroshima cocktail. The first time to prepare a cocktail with layers is not easy, so do not worry if you did not succeed. Bartenders specifically learn their skills. All skills will come with experience. You will definitely succeed.
Drink Hiroshima cocktail in two ways. A person can drink ready drink in one gulp. And it can burn the top layer of absinthe, heat it up for 20 seconds.Then put the whole straw inside the Hiroshima cocktail and quickly drink the burning drink from the bottom up. The speed here is important so that the straw does not have time to melt while you are drinking this cocktail.